Jacky’s sees better Q1 on mobiles, cameras
Dubai, February 2, 2012
Jacky’s Electronics, a leading consumer electronics retailer, is expecting an improved sales turnover in the first quarter of the year due to sales of mobile phones and digital cameras during the Dubai Shopping Festival 2012.
New models released from various brands for tablets and smart phones contributed to good sales as well, a statement said.
According to Ashish Panjabi, chief operating officer, Jacky’s Electronics, the first quarter of the year is always a busy period in terms of footfall and sales and is carried over in the coming months.
“The various festivities that are happening in the coming months mean people will be looking for gadgets and electronics as gifts especially during the Chinese New Year, Navroz in March, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day,” he added.
The BlackBerry Porsche, priced over Dh7,000 ($1,905) has been virtually sold out within the same day whenever stocks are available while iPhone 4S continue to be a bestseller, he said.
On the Android platform, there has been a swift movement for both the Samsung Galaxy SII and the Galaxy Note which have been heavily marketed throughout DSF, while Sony’s newly launched Tablet S has done well in the past week.
Meanwhile, in the digital SLR camera segments, the Canon EOS1100D and Canon EOS500D received the highest demand from consumers, while in the point and shoot category Fujifilm FinePix S3300, Sony Cyber-shot DSCW570, Nikon Coolpix S6200, Samsung MV800, and Panasonic Lumix GF3 were the top five bestsellers. In the video camera category the Panasonic SDRT76 and JVC GZHM445 have sold many units.
“We received similar sales turnover during the first 15 days of DSF as compared to the same period in 2011. While the average selling price dropped considerably this month, but we were able to maintain the sales turnover through the increased volume of units via better value bundles and offers across product range,” Panjabi said.
Jacky’s Electronics is giving away premium gifts sets such as perfumes, fragrance coffrets, pilot cases and writing instruments from leading brands for every electronics products bought during DSF until February 5.
Aside from these bundle offers, Jacky’s is also offering Extended Warranty scheme of up to four years on all products, the statement said.
Customers can also recycle their old electronic products through Jacky’s Eco-Exchange programme as well as avail the payment instalment schemes at 0 per cent interest through certain banks. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Jewellery show set to open in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal