Apparel to open 10 stores in Dalma Mall
Abu Dhabi, January 30, 2012
Abu Dhabi-based Dalma Mall has signed lease agreements with international fashion and lifestyle conglomerate, Apparel Group, to open 10 outlets featuring an assortment of fashion, footwear and accessories brands in the mall.
Rashid Doleh, executive director of Dalma Mall, signed the agreement with Nilesh Ved, chairman of Apparel Group.
The group will open 10 stores sprawling over 17,000 sq ft in the mall, according to the agreement, a statement from a mall official said.
Set to open by the first quarter of the year, the new stores will offer visitors the opportunity to select from a range of popular high street brands including Aéropostale, Aldo, Aldo Accessories, Bench, Nine West, Charles & Keith, Tim Hortons Coffee, Dune, Naturalizer and Ingot.
“Through partnerships such as with Apparel Group, we are focused on creating an ideal tenant mix that will strengthen customer loyalty and repeat visitor footfall. This, in turn, will add value to our retailers, maximising their business and operational efficiencies,” Doleh said.
With over 60 per cent of its total area of 1.6 million sq ft already leased, the mall has signed strategic partnerships with major groups such as Landmark Group and Al Futtaim.
More than 60 outlets are open already including a large Carrefour Hypermarket, Centrepoint, Home Centre, Fun City, Max, Emax and Matalan, the statement said.
Recording an average month-on-month footfall growth of 35 per cent, the mall expects a surge in visitor turnout with a large number of anchor stores opening later this year including Marks and Spencer, BHS and Toys R Us, it said.
Abu Dhabi’s largest Cineplex – the 14-screen CineRoyal Cinemas – offering over 2,200 seats and unprecedented cine-going experiences, has also opened at Dalma Mall, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store