Toshiba launches ‘thinnest, lightest’ Ultrabook
Dubai, December 29, 2011
Toshiba Gulf has launched its first Intel Core processor based Ultrabook, reportedly the world’s thinnest and lightest.
The 13.3-inch Portégé Z830 Ultrabook device offers portability, durability, performance and essential multimedia features in a slim and sleek design, a statement said.
“The Portégé Z830 is very light and very thin, but engineered for big things. It is 20 per cent lighter and 40 per cent thinner than the award-winning Portégé R830 series but does not compromise on either the performance or features making it suitable for both professional and personal users,” said Santosh Varghese, regional manager, Toshiba Gulf Computer Systems Division.
Measuring 15.9 mm thick and weighing less than 1.2 kg, the Portégé Z830 is the world’s thinnest and lightest Ultrabook, the statement said.
It is powered by the latest second generation Intel Core Processor for Ultrabook with Intel HD 3000 graphics, high-performance 128GB solid state drive and 4GB DDR3 memory.
The Toshiba Portégé Z830 Ultrabook device is encased in a light yet durable magnesium alloy casing with a honeycomb structure design for higher durability and reliability, optimal rigidity and resistance to flexing, drops and shocks.
In addition, the full-size LED backlit keyboard makes typing easy in a low-light environment and spill-resistant keyboard provides protection against accidental spills.
Toshiba’s Portégé Z830 Ultrabook features full size ports with USB 3.0, HDMI, VGA, Gigabit LAN and SD and SIM-card slot. It also supports the latest wireless options such as Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 + HS, and Mobile Broadband 3G.
Created for work and leisure through a wide range of multimedia features, the Portégé Z830 Ultrabook provides the tools for today’s demanding digital users.
The Ultrabook features a 33.8 cm (13.3-inch), non-reflective high-definition display and powerful stereo speakers enhanced with Dolby advanced audio. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices