Mouawad to open boutique at Lagoona
Doha, December 28, 2011
Mouawad, an international jewellery brand, will open its new boutique at Lagoona, Qatar’s new retail and lifestyle destination, in February, 2012.
A signing ceremony was held at Lagoona attended by chairman of Darwish Holding, Bader Al-Darwish and Pascal Mouawad, co-guardian of the brand.
"Lagoona has been a labor of love for Darwish Holding and a culmination of the company's vision and belief over the past eight decades. When we first envisioned Lagoona, we wanted it to be a retail experience beyond the ordinary. We aimed at creating an attractive fusion of retail and lifestyle which will change the way shopping is perceived making Lagoona not just a destination but a revelation,” said Al-Darwish.
"We're very privileged to welcome Mouawad to Lagoona. The name is strongly associated with an exceptional level of craftsmanship and breathtaking jewelry – two hallmarks of the Mouawad family ever since the company was founded in 1890."
Pascal Mouawad said: “The agreement we have signed with our trusted partner is a very important milestone for Mouawad, since it marks a new presence for our brand in the Qatar market. Ever since Mouawad’s foundation 121 years ago, the Middle East has been our most valued market, and now we are getting even closer to our patrons with the opening of new stores across the region.”
“Visitors who may have witnessed our creations at the Doha Jewellery & Watches Exhibition earlier this year will soon have the opportunity to purchase our jewellery and watches in Doha when our new generation boutique opens at Lagoona in February 2012” he added.
The new Mouawad flagship boutique located on the first floor and spanning 277 sq m will feature collections ranging from boutique items to objets d’art and magnificent haute joaillerie pieces.
With 128,000 sq m of finely designed space, Lagoona is Qatar's newest retail avenue offering Qatar residents and the region's an exciting assortment of lifestyle brands. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept