Asus launches two new sound devices
Dubai, December 28, 2011
Asus has announced two new USB sound products, the MS-100 compact USB stereo speaker set, and HS-W1 wireless USB headset.
Both are designed with sharp, striking looks, fantastic audio quality and a pure Plug ’n Play design, but with a minimal size that’s easily packed and to travelled with, the company said.
MS-100 USB Speaker: This is a compact stereo USB speaker set, powered entirely by a USB 2.0 (or 3.0) port, yet still capable of providing punchy sound without distortion. Its minimalist and strong Art Deco cone design mimics the classic speaker shape. Meanwhile inside, its large 54mm speaker drivers can generate up to 93dB of sound with less than 3 per cent distortion for its rich highs, thumping mids and full low tones, the company said.
No additional software driver is required on Windows Vista or Windows 7 machines, making it suitable for any desktop or laptop that needs an immediate sound boost!
HS-W1 Wireless USB Headset: Providing clear, crisp sound in total comfort, the HS-W1 headset is built with large 70mm leather earpads for long lasting, natural comfort. The 2.4GHz wireless technology used with the HS-W1 headset allows CD quality sound (44.1KHz/16-bit, uncompressed) to be transmitted from the tiny USB dongle to the headset, while also offering twice the remote distance of Bluetooth audio. Combined with the acoustic tuned 40mm drivers with a built-in equalizer, it promotes voice tones and fine details, with a hint of extra bass punch where it’s needed.
The noise filtering microphone highlights speech tones, while its simple rotate-to-mute design is ideal compared to blindly searching for a small button while you’re on-call. The large on-ear volume controls also make it easily adjustable with a simple tap, without the hassle of a small and fiddly in-line remote.
With up to 8 hours operating time on its in-built rechargeable battery, the light 170g folding design and bundled touring case means the HS-W1 is an ideal travel companion, the company said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices