Bahrain launch for BlackBerry Curve 9380
Manama, December 22, 2011
Research In Motion (RIM) has announced the availability of the new BlackBerry Curve 9380 smartphone in Bahrain, the first BlackBerry Curve smartphone with a touch display.
The smartphone is an easy-of-use small handset that distinguishes the Curve family, while also offering users the choice of a larger display and an all-touch design, a statement from the company said.
The BlackBerry Curve 9380 is powered by the new BlackBerry 7 OS, which delivers a faster and richer user experience. It also includes the ability to manage personal content separately from corporate content, and comes with a variety of personal and productivity apps out of the box.
The popular universal search capability has also been enhanced with support for voice-activated search, so users can simply speak to begin searching their device and the web for information, the statement said.
In addition, the BlackBerry Curve 9380 smartphone includes built-in support for Augmented Reality and NFC, allowing users to connect with the world around them in new ways. With the Wikitude Augmented Reality application, users can find nearby BBM (BlackBerry messenger) contacts in real-time, read reviews about restaurants close to them, or get the story behind an interesting landmark and points of interest.
NFC also enables many new capabilities, including the ability to make mobile payments, pair accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap of the smartphone, it said.
The BlackBerry Curve 9380 is now available in Bahrain via authorised retailers. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store