Carrefour plans two new Dubai outlets
Dubai, October 19, 2011
Carrefour Market, a JV between the world's second largest retailer and UAE-based Majid Al Futtaim (MAF), plans to open two new outlets in Dubai by year end.
In June this year, Carrefour MAF began a rebranding programme with 16 Carrefour Express stores across the UAE becoming ‘Carrefour Market’ supermarkets, highlighting the range of quality and freshness.
The next Carrefour Market store will be opening at JLT Red Diamond Centre followed by Burj Views, Downtown Dubai, said a company statement.
With a focus on fresh, high-quality produce, low prices, convenience, a wider choice and improved customer service, the new Carrefour Market supermarkets have received a positive reception from local shoppers in their four months since rebranding., it added.
Announcing the launch, Franck Rouquet, VP of Carrefour Supermarkets in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Kuwait, said customer reaction had been very positive to the new-look stores.
“As expected, we are finding customers are using our Carrefour Market supermarkets to top-up their larger, monthly shopping trips to a hypermarket,' Rouquet remarked.
'With such a high-turnover of produce, our supermarkets are receiving fresh produce on a daily basis, which is fundamental to the success of this model,' he added.
During the summer months, 13 Carrefour Market stores across Dubai and three stores in Sharjah received fresh fruit and vegetables and professional butchers and fishmongers were on hand to help customers.
During the same period, two new large stores opened in Sharjah Al Goaz area and in Umm Al Quwain.
With the emphasis moving from basic grocery items to fresh produce of the highest quality, Carrefour Market is looking to differentiate itself from other supermarkets in the region by being a practical, weekly shopping destination, said Rouquet.
Carrefour Market, he said, always aims to be the supermarket offering the cheapest prices in the immediate area in which it operates, along with the widest variety of products.
'With extended opening hours in all stores – the outlet in Tecom is now open 24 hours-a-day – special order options including preparation from the Butchery for BBQ’s, parties or special cuts along with birthday cakes, Carrefour Markets wants to provide a convenient location for their loyal customers,' he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept