Emke flagship store opens in Abu Dhabi
Manama, October 17, 2011
Emke Group has launched 96th outlet of its flagship LuLu Hypermarket chain in Abu Dhabi.
It will be part of one of the landmark shopping destinations of Abu Dhabi city, Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre and Gold Centre, which got a major facelift.
The new extension of the popular shopping centre was inaugurated by Department of Planning and Economy Under-Secretary Mohammed Omar Abdullah under the patronage of Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development chairman Nasser Ahmed Al Sowaidi.
The main attraction of the extended mall will be the 150,000 sqft LuLu Hypermarket, which will cater to the needs of the huge residential population staying around the area.
With easy access and ample car parking facilities LuLu Hypermarket is sure to be a popular destination for grocery, fresh food, electronics, garments and other household products.
Emke Group managing director Yusuffali MA said, 'After taking over the management rights of this important shopping centre, we have done a renovation and extension without disturbing the aesthetic look of the Madinat Zayed Shopping Centre.'
'We have added another 275,000 sqft of quality shopping and leisure area,' he noted.
'In the first phase we are opening Lulu Hypermarket and few other stores, but within next one month we will be opening food courts, restaurants, amusement area and other branded stores.'
At the beginning of the year LuLu had revealed ambitious plans for Abu Dhabi and has gone ahead with many new projects in and around the capital, with projects such as Mushrif Mall, Baniyas LuLu Hypermarket, already up and running.
This is the 96th branch of the group and it plans to launch their 100th store this year itself, showing the strong fundamental which has helped it tide over the so-called recession without any slowdown.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder