Canon video products win 3 EISA awards
Dubai, August 25, 2011
Canon, a leading Japanese consumer electronics brand, won three awards by the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) for its photo and video products.
The EOS 600D Digital SLR has been awarded European Camera 2011-2012, the Legria HF M41 camcorder has won European Camcorder 2011-2012 and the EF 70-300mm L-series telephoto zoom lens has been named European Professional Lens 2011-2012.
The EISA awards are voted by a panel of independent experts, comprising editors from more than 50 prominent magazines across 20 countries.
The awards recognise the products that combine advanced technology, features and design with genuine value, and the 2011-2012 judging panel has heralded these three Canon products as the best in their respective classes.
“Canon is committed to developing products that make it easy for people to capture their stories in the best possible quality” said Hendrik Verbrugghe, marketing director, Canon Middle East.
“These EISA awards are a powerful tribute to the products within both our photo and video groups, and also highlight the market-leading quality Canon offers to consumers and professionals alike.”
European Camera 2011-2012: Canon EOS 600D
With an 18 megapixel CMOS sensor, advanced 14-bit Digic 4-processing technology, full HD movies, and a range of creative shooting modes, the EOS 600D allows users to capture more exciting, fun and creative images than ever before, a Canon statement said.
“The Canon EOS 600D is a good-value camera that has a very strong set of features and customisable functions,” the EISA judging panel said.
“The excellent resolution and its low-noise characteristics even at high ISO settings make it an extremely desirable model to amateur photographers.”
European Camcorder 2011-2012: Canon Legria HF M41
Featuring an HD CMOS Pro sensor adopted from Canon’s professional camcorder range, the Legria HF M41 excels in low light, capturing outstanding levels of detail in darker conditions.
A Canon HD video lens features an iris diaphragm for soft background blur, and a 10x optical zoom allows users to shoot at a range of focal lengths.
“The Canon Legria HF M41 high-end video camera is conveniently compact making it useful for shooting high quality videos under practically all conditions,” the EISA judging panel said.
“The camera has a LCD screen and a traditional viewfinder. It is equipped with an easy to use menu system with as many automatic and manual functions you could wish for - including full manual sound recording and the ability to connect an external stereo microphone.”
European Professional Lens 2011-2012: Canon EF 70-300mm USM
Part of Canon’s acclaimed professional L-series, the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM is ideally suited to professionals and advanced amateurs, providing the ability to shoot portraits, nature, and action shots in superb detail, a statement said.
“The Canon EF 70-300mm F4-5.6L IS USM is an amazing telephoto zoom lens that combines high image quality with an extremely durable construction and a surprisingly compact design,” the EISA judging panel said.
“It sets a new standard for this popular zoom range with its professional autofocus performance and the latest generation of image stabilization.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder