Sharp launches touch control MFP
Dubai, June 27, 2011
Sharp Middle East has launched the world’s first multi function printer (MFP) range with a finger-swipe touch control panel in its newest line-up of next-generation printing solutions.
The three models in the range are the full colour MX-2610N, MX-3110N, and the MX-3610N, all of which feature the 10.1-inch control panel which users can tap, flick or slide a finger to control many features such as accessing documents, functions and settings.
“The addition of a very flexible, incredibly user friendly control system for these new colour MFPs gives a new dimension in controlling the print environment in an office,” said Gautam Chakrabarty, Sharp Middle East deputy general manager, Marketing, Business Solutions Division.
“The intuitive interface has been a revolution in mobile phones, and now we have brought the simplicity of touch screen to the MFP.”
“The new range is geared towards the future of office automation. With features enhancing networking and connectivity combined with intuitive interfaces packaged in an environmentally advanced design, these solutions will help take businesses in the Middle East into the next generation of office operation,” he added.
The entire control experience, based around the colour LCD touchscreen, can be fully customised, with users able to place the most used tools and applications on the ‘home page’ of the system as desired, a statement said.
They can also perform advanced preview functions before jobs are executed, in addition to emailing files, editing documents, and saving and sending office work files like spreadsheets.
A huge feature that will enhance the ability of the MFPs is the inclusion of full Internet access, and Cloud connectivity, the statement said.
The new series also features Sharp’s open system architecture (OSA), where applications that streamline and automate a range of everyday office tasks can be developed by third parties, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait