Canon upgrades workgroup scanner
Dubai, April 18, 2011
Canon Middle East has launched updated workgroup scanner, which also comes with additional software enhancements without any corresponding increase in cost.
The new DR-3010C is now capable of operating more than 30 per cent faster than its previous scanning speed, a statement said.
It offers scanning speeds of 40ppm in black and white, compared to 30ppm on the previous version. The same speed and performance level is maintained even when scanning at 300dpi resolution, often a requirement for accurate OCR scanning, the statement said.
The new version DR-3010C includes Canon’s user friendly CaptureOnTouch software, designed specifically to simplify the scanning process for users, and incorporates useful file sending and distribution options.
Patch code separation is now also possible with new driver software allowing users to save time with ‘on-the-fly’ batch separation of documents.
Other new features on the DR-3010C include the ability to scan documents up to 3 metres in length (such as cash receipts or medical charts). The new multistream support also provides simultaneous output of both colour and black and white images.
Vishal Gohel, product manager, Canon Middle East, said: “We are always striving to improve our imageFormula scanner portfolio and meet the ever-changing requirements of our customers across all business sectors in the market. Our new enhancements to our DR-3010C scanner offer excellent value-performance and return on investment for our customers.”
The DR-3010C has a suggested daily duty cycle of 3,000 scans a day and over 50 per cent more energy efficient versus similar competitive scanner products available in the market. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet