BenQ tops Asia Pacific projector market
Dubai, April 4, 2011
BenQ, an a global provider of digital lifestyle innovations, has topped the list as number one projector brand in the Asia Pacific education market in the fourth quarter of 2010.
The brand claimed 17.7 per cent of the market share, according to the latest research report released by Futuresource Consulting.
“We are delighted with BenQ’s overall performance in the fourth quarter of 2010,” said Manish Bakshi, general manager of BenQ for the Middle East and Africa.
“We did well in the Asia Pacific market with the Middle East significantly contributing to our global success. We aim to maintain our leading position in the coming years with new, innovative and cost-effective technologies that will enhance the education process and bring fun to learning," he added.
BenQ’s success was led by new product launches, which exhibited their latest projector technologies from PointDraw, ultra short-throw, LAN display to big zoom ratio.
In the region, BenQ recently launched the MP780 ST projector which is equipped with the BenQ PointDraw technology, a feature that offers a high-quality and interactive learning experience for students to actively participate during lessons, a statement said.
The report also cited BenQ as number two in the Asia Pacific corporate market with 9.3 per cent market share. Globally, BenQ is recognised as the number two projector brand with an increased market share of 12.3 per cent and the number one DLP projector brand, the statement added.
BenQ also took the top spot as the number one projector brand in the 3D segment with 23 per cent market share and the number two place in the interactive projector segment with 23.8 per cent market share in the Asia Pacific region.
In addition, BenQ is ranked number one in the short-throw segment of the world’s most competitive matured markets; Japan, Korea and Singapore, according to the statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder