Largest pearl at Christie’s sale
Dubai, March 22, 2011
A spectacular yellow and orange diamond necklace, along with one of the largest drop-shaped natural pearls so far recorded are among the dazzling highlights of Christie’s sale in Dubai next month.
The jewels sale will be held on April 20 at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel in Dubai.
The sale will also include a natural Burmese ruby weighing 22 carats.
A spectacular 8-strand graduated natural pearl necklace with a late Victorian diamond clasp, is also a highlight of the sale with an estimate of $240,000-280,000.
The drop-shaped natural pearl weighs 239.7 grains (59.92 carats). This impressive pearl was once part of the collection of Valda 3 Virginia Vaughn Scott, the daughter of an English diplomat and a member of the prestigious Alessi family. It is estimated at $180,000-250,000.
Christie’s, the world’s leading art business, who have been holding regular auctions in the Middle East since 2006, will also be offering Modern and Contemporary Arab, Iranian and Turkish Art at auction on the previous evening, April 19.
David Warren, international director of christie’s jewellery department and head of Jewellery Middle East, commented: “Chic modern jewellery, rare gemstones and carefully chosen examples of work by top Contemporary jewellers, combine to produce an attractive and ‘tailored’ jewellery auction for our Middle Eastern collectors.”
- TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- New shopping mall opens in Bahrain
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream