Largest pearl at Christie’s sale
Dubai, March 22, 2011
A spectacular yellow and orange diamond necklace, along with one of the largest drop-shaped natural pearls so far recorded are among the dazzling highlights of Christie’s sale in Dubai next month.
The jewels sale will be held on April 20 at the Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel in Dubai.
The sale will also include a natural Burmese ruby weighing 22 carats.
A spectacular 8-strand graduated natural pearl necklace with a late Victorian diamond clasp, is also a highlight of the sale with an estimate of $240,000-280,000.
The drop-shaped natural pearl weighs 239.7 grains (59.92 carats). This impressive pearl was once part of the collection of Valda 3 Virginia Vaughn Scott, the daughter of an English diplomat and a member of the prestigious Alessi family. It is estimated at $180,000-250,000.
Christie’s, the world’s leading art business, who have been holding regular auctions in the Middle East since 2006, will also be offering Modern and Contemporary Arab, Iranian and Turkish Art at auction on the previous evening, April 19.
David Warren, international director of christie’s jewellery department and head of Jewellery Middle East, commented: “Chic modern jewellery, rare gemstones and carefully chosen examples of work by top Contemporary jewellers, combine to produce an attractive and ‘tailored’ jewellery auction for our Middle Eastern collectors.”
- TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices