New LuLu hypermarket opens in Abu Dhabi
Manama, March 22, 2011
The LuLu Hypermarket chain, the number one local player in the region, has further expanded its presence by opening the 88th branch in Baniyas, a bustling town just off the city limits of Abu Dhabi.
The new LuLu Hypermarket was inaugurated by Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry president Thani Murshed Ghannam Al Rumaithi.
The LuLu Hypermarket covers an area of 180,000 square feet and will offer a whole world of shopping convenience with popular brands of a wide variety of product lines under one roof.
The main focus area of LuLu Hypermarket will be the extensive supermarket section with fresh vegetables, fruits, butchery and delicatessen serving hot and ready-to-eat foods and special counters serving the best of bakes and cakes and an array of Arabic sweets and delicacies apart from wide range of electronics and IT products, white goods, garments, sports equipment etc.
In keeping with its endeavour to provide the best quality products in the most hygiene way, LuLu Hypermarket has invested heavily in special areas like state-of-the-art storing facilities, latest baking and cooking machines.
The new hypermarket has ample parking facility for more than 1,000 vehicles. The outlet is expected to become the shopping destination of choice for the residents of Baniyas and nearby areas.
'It has been our policy now to bring world-class shopping experience closer to the people in the outskirts rather than making them drive long distance to bigger cities,' said EMKE Group, which owns LuLu, managing director Yusuffali MA.
'We will be opening more such new stores in the western regions of Abu Dhabi.
'Even though there have been talks of economic slowdown in the market, we have decided to carry on with our expansion plans of reaching the figure of 100 stores by the end of 2011 and do our bit to further strengthen the regional economic scenario,' he added.
Recently the group opened its state-of-the-art central logistical hub in ICAD, Mussafah, billed as one of the most sophisticated in the region.
'We have invested heavily into this project as we believe this will further strengthen our efficiency and help us give more value to our shoppers,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept