Rolex calls for enterprise award entries
Dubai, February 2, 2011
Rolex, the luxury watch manufacturer, has called for international applications to the 2012 Rolex Awards for Enterprise.
Launched in 1976, this global philanthropic programme has honoured and supported pioneering individuals whose projects have brought major benefits to their communities and beyond.
Five laureates will be selected by an independent jury of experts who will meet early in 2012. The laureates will each receive $100,000 to advance their projects and gain worldwide recognition of their work through international publicity and advertising campaigns, as well as a Rolex chronometer.
The Rolex Awards are open to anyone of any age or nationality whose projects are helping to expand the knowledge of our world and improve the quality of life on the planet and the outlook for humankind.
These projects are grouped broadly in the areas of science and health; applied technology; exploration and discovery; the environment; and cultural heritage.
“As ever, we are seeking forward-looking men and women who are tackling the challenges of our age and who have innovative projects,” said Rebecca Irvin, head of philanthropy at Rolex.
“We look forward to receiving many wonderful proposals from around the world,” she added.
Candidates for the Rolex Awards will be able to submit their project ideas in a short online pre-application. The deadline for pre-applications is May 31.
Only pre-applicants whose projects best meet the selection criteria will be chosen by Rolex for further consideration and will be invited to submit a full application.
As in previous series, the 2012 jury may decide to grant other prizes to applicants worthy of support. The amount of these prizes will be determined at the discretion of the jury, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices