One-third of UAE consumers 'buy luxury brands'
Dubai, November 7, 2010
Around a third of UAE consumers buy luxury goods and are particularly attracted to designer apparel and accessories, according to a recent survey conducted by global marketing research firm ACNielsen.
The results explain the sustained growth of the UAE’s thriving fashion industry that has been positively influenced by support from international designing firms, government-organised fashion events, and the growing global prominence of designers from the UAE.
Graduate students of Esmod Dubai, the leading fashion school in the region, underscored the UAE’s emergence as a major fashion hub during their participation in the second ‘Who’s Next & Premiere Classe in Dubai,’ a unique fashion trade show dedicated to the Middle East region held recently at the Madinat Jumeirah hotel.
Esmod Dubai also partnered with the ‘Empty Quarter’ fashion photo exhibition held in October where pictures from the 1950s showing some of the first collections of Dior and Issey Miyake were put on display.
Esmod Dubai students are regularly involved in backstage work for various fashion shows held in Dubai.
“We constantly expose our students to various fashion events to give them a feel of the specific needs of the local and regional markets and learn about the latest global industry trends. It is very rewarding to see our wards enhance their creativity and confidence through this hands-on approach to learning,” said Tamara Hostal, director and founder of Esmod Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store