Canon, Kofax ink distribution deal
Dubai, October 18, 2010
Canon Middle East, a leading business solutions provider, has signed a distribution agreement with Kofax’s hardware distribution business, the leading distributor of professional document scanners in MEA and Europe.
Under the terms of the agreement Kofax will distribute Canon's full line of professional scanners across the Middle East.
“Our distribution agreement with Kofax means that we can now offer even more comprehensive document management solutions to new and existing customers across the region. Strategic partnerships are very important to Canon Middle East as they enable us to offer the best possible solutions to match customer needs,” said Vishal Gohel, product manager, Canon Middle East.
“Our solutions portfolio is now stronger than ever, and as businesses are increasingly looking at ways they can reduce, manage and control document costs, we can now offer the best and most comprehensive range on the market,” he added.
Extending an existing pan-European distribution agreement covering 15 other countries, the deal further strengthens Canon Middle East’s position within the document information management system (DIMS) market.
Kofax will provide equipment distribution, service and fulfillment support. This marks a significant partnership following Canon’s decision last year to include Kofax’s VirtualReScan (VRS) software, the de facto standard for scanning productivity and quality, with all professional scanner models distributed in EMEA.
“We are pleased to expand our relationship with Kofax and further our respective market leadership positions across EMEA. We highly value the document capture expertise and technology that Kofax brings to us, and look forward to our mutual growth and success in the region,” added Gohel.
“Our customers are seeking solutions to automate high-volume, document-centric tasks that enhance efficiency, increase productivity, drive down business costs and improve profitability,” said Joachim Froning, senior vice president of hardware distribution sales at Kofax.
“This agreement demonstrates our commitment and capabilities to best assist customers in evaluating, selecting and accessing the right document capture tools to meet their needs.”
“There has always been a great synergy between Canon and Kofax and this partnership is a natural way for us to strengthen and grow our position in the market,” concluded Froning. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait