Alshaya boss named Retail CEO of the Year
Kuwait, September 23, 2010
Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of M H Alshaya, a leading franchise operator for over 55 of the world’s top retail brands, has been named Retail CEO of the Year by CEO Middle East magazine.
The awards, chosen by a panel of senior editors from the magazine’s publisher ITP, recognise and reward outstanding success, innovation and ethics across Middle Eastern Business.
"It has been another outstanding year for Mohammed Alshaya, who has once again shown himself to be not just one of the best retailers in the region, but one of the best in the world,” said Anil Bhoyrul, editorial director, ITP Executive at the awards ceremony held at the Armani Hotel in Dubai.
“At a time when many competitors are downsizing, Mohammed Alshaya continues to invest in expansion, most notably bringing 29 brands to Dubai’s Mirdif City Centre, one of the most important retail projects in the region this year,” he added.
Mohammed Alshaya said: “It is a great honour to be the recipient of this award. I am delighted that Alshaya’s commitment to growth has been recognised in this way and I would also like to thank the hard work and dedication of the 20,000 people who work in Alshaya.”
“We have all pulled together for a very exciting 2010, with new international brand launches – from clothing to home furnishings to food – all making a favourable impact with the region’s consumers,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- iMena Holdings invests in Desado.com
- One-third of Mena consumers shopping online
- Panasonic unveils tablet range in UAE
- Fragrance retailer Arabian Oud ranked 11th
- LuLu in deal to manage Adnoc mall
- Being Human launches women’s wear line
- River Island opens accessory store in Kuwait
- Samsung launches new Galaxy Tab 3 Series
- NY-style pizzeria to open ME outlets
- Axiom scoops retail award