LG offers new multimedia sharing technology
Amman, September 15, 2010
LG Electronics showcased a major breakthrough in mobile and home convergence at the IFA trade show in Berlin recently.
The new technology makes it possible to share multimedia files on LG’s upcoming LG Optimus 7 and all DLNA compliant digital devices at the touch of a finger, said the company.
LG’s unique multimedia sharing technology on LG Optimus 7 allows users to enjoy content on the phone across today’s digital platforms with a simple finger flick. This preinstalled feature allows users to send files directly from the phone’s media galleries, without having to leave for another application.
The phone will automatically display compatible devices in the same Wi-Fi zone and let users literally flick media files to the targeted device. Users can transfer multimedia saved on their phones -- 720p HD videos, high-resolution photos and high-quality music files -- wirelessly to their TV or home theater system, it said.
“This unique feature is a direct response to the growing need for technologies that empower users to share multimedia content across electronic devices,” said Kevin Cha, managing director of LG Electronics Levant.
“LG Optimus 7 smart phones will be at the center of a complete entertainment experience, representing LG’s leadership in mobile convergence.”
This unique media file-sharing technology will be embedded in upcoming LG Optimus 7 smart phones, which go on sale early in the fourth quarter of this year. With more than 240 leading consumer electronics brands adopting the media sharing technology, DLNA is expected to set a new industry standard for home entertainment, it said. -TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store