21 new stores open in Dubai Festival City
Dubai, August 3, 2010
Festival Centre, the award winning retail resort of Dubai Festival City, said it has opened twenty one new stores in the second quarter and continues to attract new brands to complement shopping season.
Dubai Festival City is an Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) development project which covers 5.2 million sq ft and stretches 3 kilometres along the historic Dubai Creek.
The range of brands is continuously growing with new stores occupying a floor space of 33,308 sq ft, further reiterating the strong role of DFC as a mixed-used community bringing right mix of international and local brands to Festival Centre, said a top official.
Philip Evans, director of Commercial & Retail Leasing at AFGRE, said: 'As the UAE recovers from the effects of the global economic downturn, a pick-up in consumption levels has helped speed up retail sales.'
'As a shopping centre, we continuously review expansion plans to look at where we want to progress our mix of retailers as we strive to differentiate ourselves from the crowd. Being part of a mixed use project that promotes living, work, entertainment and shopping all in one place, assists the draw for retailers to pick Festival Centre,' he said.
Tom Miles, director of Shopping Centres, AFGRE said the Festival Centre continues the same success in the second quarter of 2010 from the first quarter.
'Our local & multi-national visitor profiles are dramatically increasing as they always look to a sophisticated and varied shopping experience. We aim to offer our guests the finest in retail in Dubai by attracting unique brands, some firsts for the UAE or expanding, and to complement their shopping needs with Ramadan, Eid and the school holiday season.”
“We are pleased to announce a first for Dubai and UAE, in opening Wendy’s Arby’s, the USA’s third largest quick service restaurant as part of our extended food and beverage offering, while also adding Gloria Jean’s Coffee and Pronto, an Italian gourmet café as both a dining and social destination,” Miles added.
Among the new fashion and accessories brands added to the Festival Centre family is another first in Dubai, Blanco – a fashion clothing and accessories store for urban young women.
Further new openings include the Kid Couture, CK underwear, The Society Shop, Rage, A.Testoni, Hush Puppies, Pairs and Petits Petons.
This is in addition to Mont Blanc and La Moda Sunglasses that showcases the latest and the classics by haute couture designers.
Two jewellery and perfume makers- Samra Jewellery and Anfasic Dokhoon - have also opened their outlets in the Festival Centre besides electronics retailer Audio Lounge that provides Arcam and Tannoy branded electronics and home theatre systems.
Wellbeing and beauty are a key presence within Festival Centre with Feet First providing guests with healing and relaxation through oriental reflexology, therapeutic massage and Herbal Home to compliment them with scented organic beauty products.
'Constantly committed to ensuring families are always engaged during their visit, Festival Centre has brought the first Living Rooms in Dubai and UAE an entertainment hub for families and individuals to have a good time playing video games in a home environment.'
'Forming the epicentre of Dubai Festival City, the exciting shopping centre is permanently dedicated to better serve its community residents with the opening of Marina Pharmacy at Al Badia’ Al-Areesh Club,' said Miles.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain