SanDisk ships Xbox 360 USB flash drive
Dubai, May 6, 2010
SanDisk Corporation, the global leader in flash memory cards, said it has started shipping the Xbox 360 USB flash drive for the Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console.
The new drive makes it easier than ever for gamers to take their gamertags, saved game progress, map packs, arcade game downloads and bonus content with them for fast and convenient access on another Xbox 360 console, a statement said.
Pre-configured for seamless plug and play action, the drive eliminates the need to format storage or download an initial software update for an Xbox 360 console.
For gamers looking to get in on the fun or for those with existing accounts who want to extend their play, a one-month Xbox LIVE Gold membership is included with purchase of the drive.
“Xbox Live contains a world of content for gamers to explore and download, including full-length games, movies and music,” said Shuki Nir, senior vice president and general manager, retail, SanDisk.
“The Xbox 360 USB flash drive by SanDisk is specifically engineered to deliver a great user experience and maximum compatibility with the console, offering gamers greater freedom and flexibility in how they store, manage and enjoy their favorite files,” he added.
“SanDisk has a proven track record of creating high-quality storage solutions,” said Ilan Spillinger, vice president, Xbox hardware and technology, Microsoft.
“The Xbox 360 USB flash drive by SanDisk provides a great solution for gamers who need portable storage for their Xbox 360 content. It’s plug and play simple.”
The drive is available in 8 GB and 16 GB capacities, carrying suggested retail prices of $34.99 and $69.99, respectively, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait