Mirdif City Centre gets record 1m visitors
Dubai, April 6, 2010
Mirdif City Centre has broken customer footfall records with over one million visitors in the first three weeks, and more than 76,000 customers visiting on the first day of trading.
“We always knew that the launch of Mirdif City Centre would be big, but to get over a million customers in the first three weeks is quite exceptional - these numbers are a testament to the excellent retail mix, dining options and never-seen-before leisure attractions that Mirdif City Centre offers,” said Yousif Al Ali, vice president of Mirdif City Centre.
Mirdif City Centre opened to much anticipation with over 85 per cent of retailers open for business from day one. Amongst these retailers are new to the region Pottery Barn, Miss Selfridge, American Eagle, Decathalon, and Office Depot, as well as anchor tenants such as Debenhams, Homecentre, Forever 21 and an impressive 11,000 sqm Carrefour.
MH Alshaya Company, one of the Middle East’s leading retailers, has opened 29 brands within the mall, including the Middle East launch of three iconic American brands, American Eagle, Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November
- New shopping mall opens in Bahrain
- Souq.com launches exclusive tablet
- Qatar, UAE, Saudi lead retail expansion
- Jewellery Arabia sales top $28m
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman