Shoe Mart marks 20th anniversary
Dubai, March 21, 2010
Shoe Mart, the region’s leading retailer in fashion footwear and accessories, celebrated 20th anniversary.
The store opened its first outlet to customers in March 1990. The UAE region now has 27 Shoe Mart stores and also boasts of 88 stores across the GCC along with international presence.
Shoe Mart has the distinction of being one of the oldest and most trusted shoe brands in the region, said a statement.
Shoe Mart plans to tap other markets as part of its growth strategy in the Mena region as franchise models.
The store has unveiled its 'our 20 your 40' celebratory campaign which allows shoppers to avail special ‘Thank You’ gift vouchers of Dh40 against Dh150 spent, to mark its 20th anniversary.
“Shoe Mart as a brand has come a long way, from a one store shop at Bur Dubai to a multi faceted destination across the region,” said Manu Jeswani, CEO of Shoe Mart.
Over the years Shoe Mart has built a number of in house brands namely Missy, Paprika, Peppermint, Little Missy, Barefeet, Juniors and Duchini, with a wide range in prices and shoe sizes and styles complementing every occasion.
Shoe Mart is also a franchise partner in the region for international brands such as the leading UK footwear brand Kurt Geiger, Brazilian brand Dumond and other famous brands such as ECCO, Bata, Pablosky and Bianco.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder