Alshaya invests $40m in Dubai’s newest mall
Dubai, March 18, 2010
M H Alshaya, a leading retailer in the Middle East, has invested Dh147 million ($40 million) across people, property, infrastructure and marketing in the newly opened Mirdif City Centre to support its portfolio of 29 brands.
To support the opening of Mirdif City Centre, the latest development from shopping centre pioneer Majid Al Futtaim Properties, Alshaya has recruited and trained 700 people to manage and staff the different stores, which occupy a total space of 15,000 sq m.
“Alshaya is focused on bringing innovative concepts and ideas to customers in the Middle East through our partnerships with leading international brands,” said Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of Alshaya.
“Our investment in Mirdif City Centre symbolises that approach, bringing together 29 brands under one roof, including three new brands that we know will appeal greatly to Dubai’s consumers,” he added.
Alshaya’s brand portfolio at the new mall includes Debenhams, Mothercare, Topshop, Next, H&M, Starbucks and Boots as well as a brand new to the UAE: Office Depot.
The store mix also includes three new brands that have chosen the Middle East for their first expansion out of North America: fashion retailer American Eagle, and home furnishing brands Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Ajmal launches oriental fragrance
- Gitanjali group unveils diamond collection
- Sony launches new 3-in-1 Walkman
- Buyers flock to Dubai jewellery show
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’