Alshaya invests $40m in Dubai’s newest mall
Dubai, March 18, 2010
M H Alshaya, a leading retailer in the Middle East, has invested Dh147 million ($40 million) across people, property, infrastructure and marketing in the newly opened Mirdif City Centre to support its portfolio of 29 brands.
To support the opening of Mirdif City Centre, the latest development from shopping centre pioneer Majid Al Futtaim Properties, Alshaya has recruited and trained 700 people to manage and staff the different stores, which occupy a total space of 15,000 sq m.
“Alshaya is focused on bringing innovative concepts and ideas to customers in the Middle East through our partnerships with leading international brands,” said Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of Alshaya.
“Our investment in Mirdif City Centre symbolises that approach, bringing together 29 brands under one roof, including three new brands that we know will appeal greatly to Dubai’s consumers,” he added.
Alshaya’s brand portfolio at the new mall includes Debenhams, Mothercare, Topshop, Next, H&M, Starbucks and Boots as well as a brand new to the UAE: Office Depot.
The store mix also includes three new brands that have chosen the Middle East for their first expansion out of North America: fashion retailer American Eagle, and home furnishing brands Pottery Barn and Pottery Barn Kids. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait