Al Rostamani Group backs DSF
Dubai, January 13, 2010
The Al Rostamani Group, one of the leading business entities in the Middle East, has once again announced its sponsorship of the Dubai Shopping Festival that will celebrate its 15th edition in 2010.
The Group has been a key sponsor of DSF since 1997 and is one of the largest and oldest business conglomerates in the UAE, to be associated with the Festival.
Marwan Abdulla Al Rostamani, chairman of the Al Rostamani Group said, “DSF, launched in 1996 through the vision of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister, and Ruler of Dubai, was an exceptional initiative to enhance the economy in general and the retail and tourism sectors in particular.'
'Over the years, this initiative has marked many milestones to become one of the recognised festivals in the world,' he noted.
“Al Rostamani Group’s sponsorship of DSF is part of our continued commitment towards this unique event, supporting the government’s initiative in positioning Dubai as a leading city in the world today,” he added.
Founded in 1957 by the late Abdulla Hassan Al Rostamani as chairman, the group has a diversified portfolio of businesses in such high growth areas as trading, automobiles and heavy equipment, travel, foreign exchange, financial services, contracting, infrastructure development, telecommunications, IT services and recycling.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet