Sahara in deal to open new stores
Sharjah, November 8, 2009
Sahara Centre, a leading family shopping and entertainment destination in the UAE, has signed an agreement with Azadea Group, one of the region’s fastest growing retail groups, to open 12 new outlets at the mall.
The new store will occupy nearly 31,000 square feet at the leading shopping destination, said a top Sahara Centre official.
On the agreement with Azadea, Jean Pierre Nammour, managing director of Sahara Centre, said: "In the last few years, Sahara Centre has become the destination of choice in the regional retail landscape. Expanding the space allocated to high-street fashion, retail accessories and gastronomy will allow us to extend our business by introducing new brands as well as strengthen our position in the local market."
Azadea will unveil world’s most recognized brands at Sahara Centre including classic & trendy apparel from Mango, latest men’s, women’s and children’s fashions from Zara, easy-to-wear fashion from Promod, young trendy collections from Pull & Bear, trendy teen casual wear from Bershka and sophisticated modern fashion from Massimo Dutti.
It will also have creative accessories collection from Uterque, inspiring lingerie from Oysho, sunglasses from Sunglass Hut, traditional and specialty French bakery – Paul and fresh juices from Pulp Juice.
"These brands from Azadea perfectly complement the diverse world-class offerings at Sahara Centre," Nammour added.
Adrian Lee, general manager of Azadea, said: "Our association with Sahara Centre is a major step in our growth strategy. Sahara Centre is the ideal destination for lifestyle shopping, offering a unique mix of easy access and a catchment area in excess of 1 million – from Deira to Sharjah to Northern Emirates."
"Our presence at the mall perfectly fits our brand portfolio and matches with our concepts as well. We look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership with Sahara Centre," he added.
Akram Ammar, general manager Leasing & Operation at Sahara Centre, said: “As our industry evolves, we will continue to adapt our offering to keep pace with our customers’ needs. The 12 new retail brands from Azadea will further enrich our tenants mix, enabling a more robust shopping experience for our mall visitors.”
Sahara Centre’s distinctive architectural design showcases a unique spacious environment with exquisite wide open spaces, natural lights and a serene ambience. The mall features the largest food court in the UAE, and provides everything from fashion to movies under one roof.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices