Air Miles expands Bahrain network
Manama, October 6, 2009
Air Miles, the world’s leading multi-participant loyalty programme, has further expanded its partner network by welcoming Bahrain-based Avenue Car Rental & Leasing, a subsidiary of HQ Dadabai Holding.
Established in January this year to offer complete solutions for all rental and leasing requirements across Bahrain, Avenue – which currently possesses a fleet of over 275 vehicles - is set to capitalise on its initial success in the market by setting up two additional branches across the country.
Speaking of the partnership, Keshav Choudhary, general manager, Avenue Car Rental and Leasing said: "We recognise the value that Air Miles can bring to our business; the programme is an excellent way to maintain commercial health when trading conditions are challenging."
"We aim to distinguish ourselves from the competition by gaining an understanding of our customers and addressing their needs accordingly. It is also a great way to reward our customers for their loyalty, thus enhancing their overall shopping experience with us."
Awny Ahmed, head of Commercial of Air Miles Middle East, says the new partnership will be well received by Bahrain's rapidly expanding membership base.
"The addition of Avenue to our partner network in Bahrain brings the total number of stores where members can earn Air Miles for regular shopping to over 200. We have also signed up over 140,000 members and issued over 1.2 billion Air Miles since the launch just 2 years ago."
”Despite being the most recent market added to the Air Miles family, Bahrain is continually one of the most aggressive in terms of its loyalty operations. By continuing to expand our partner network we hope to demonstrate our committment to offering customers a comprehensive range of shopping options and to ensure the upward growth trends continue.”
Customers will now earn 1 Air Mile per 0.100 Fils spent in any Avenue stores throughout Bahrain.
Ahmed added that increasing Air Miles’ partner portfolio was an integral part of the company’s corporate strategy.
“Expanding our partner network is critical to our success as it brings Air Miles’ members benefits which inevitably lead to increased footfall and sales for our participants. We already have a number of new partnerships in the pipeline and will be announcing them in due course,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices