Sanyo launches waterproof camcorders
Dubai, August 16, 2009
Sanyo, a leader in eco-friendly energy, environment and lifestyle applications, has launched the world’s first waterproof cameras in the Middle East.
The Sanyo VPC-WH1 is the world's first waterproof camcorder with 30x zoom camera, and the Sanyo VPC-CA9, the world’s first waterproof high-definition (HD) dual camera, said a company statement.
The newest additions to Sanyo’s XACTI camera series combine state-of-the-art waterproof technology with superior dual functionality, offering a powerful optical zoom lens that can capture up to 9-megapixel images, and HD video capability of up to 1280 x 720p at 30 frames per second (fps), it said.
The VPC-WH1 features a compact design, an easy-to-use interface, and comes fully loaded with a powerful 30x optical zoom, a 2.5-inch LCD monitor, 2-megapixel sequential shot system, 1280 x 720p HD video (30 fps) capability and long battery life of up to 200 minutes by Lithium – ion battery. The world’s first waterproof camcorder also features an HDMI output, a pre-installed 12-face detection scanner that can be used for photos and videos, and is available in various colours, including white, yellow and blue.
Ergonomically designed to give its users maximum comfort, Sanyo’s VPC-CA9 can capture stunning 9-megapixel images and can deliver crisp 720p HD-quality videos. The World’s first waterproof HD Dual Camera also comes with an optical 5x zoom lens, a 2.5-inch LCD monitor, and is pre-installed with a high-speed sequential shot system and a face detection-scanning program, the company said.
Ashfaq Khan, regional sales manager, Sanyo Gulf FZE, said: “With the summer season already here, the new line of XACTI waterproof dual cameras promises greater flexibility and mobility for taking photos and videos practically anywhere, making it the perfect all-weather photo and video companion for holiday adventures and other leisure activities. What makes these cameras even more attractive is that they deliver high-definition images and videos, capturing every precious moment in vivid colour and in full detail.
“Moreover, the VPC-CA9 and the VPC-WH1 have been developed according to the most stringent environmental standards in line with Sanyo’s 'Think GAIA' brand vision, which offers a fusion of sustainability and Sanyo's pioneering technology. Our ability to provide today’s consumers with eco-friendly, innovative technology solutions shows our steadfast commitment to help preserve and save our environment,” Ashfaq added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays