Lenovo launches thinner, lighter ThinkPad
Dubai, June 24, 2009
Lenovo, leading PC manufacturer, has launched its latest laptop in the ThinkPad series, the T400s, created to give business users a thin and light yet powerful, feature-packed PC.
Inspired by Lenovo’s thinnest and lightest full-function laptop, the ThinkPad X300, Lenovo engineered its latest laptop, the ThinkPad T400s, to be super-slim at just 21mm thin and ultra-light starting under 1.8 kg.
The laptop achieves its skinny frame thanks to the thin 14.1-inch LED screen, solid state drive storage and the second generation top cover roll cage, which Lenovo first introduced in the ThinkPad X300 laptop.
The roll cage’s monocoque carbon reinforced fiber, also used in bicycle frames and airplanes, helps keep the laptop extremely light yet surprisingly sturdy.
With this design the laptop weighs nearly 20 percent less than its ThinkPad T400 predecessor, also making it much thinner and lighter than the Dell E6400 and HP 6930P laptops.
“We’ve created products like our ThinkPad T400s laptop to bring thin and light computing to mainstream corporate users,” said Peter Hortensius, senior vice president, ThinkPad, Lenovo.
“We’ve applied thoughtful design in balancing the need for greater portability with strong performance and usability.”
The ThinkPad T Series is comprised of Lenovo’s most powerful and performance-heavy laptops. The T400s laptop allows users to enjoy the best of both worlds – thin and light mobility without sacrificing the powerful performance they need.
According to a report, the laptop comes with:
• Choices of Intel 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processors (standard voltage) and graphics
• Choices of solid state drive storage up to 128 GB or 250 GB hard drive storage
• 9.5 mm slim DVD burner or Blu-Ray player
• Ethernet, WiFi and optional WWAN3 and Bluetooth
• 34mm Express Card slot or 5-in-1 multimedia card reader
• Nearly six hours of battery life
• Supports up to two monitors via a display port and VGA connector
• Meets the Energy Star 5.0 criteria for energy efficiency
• Built-in USB/eSATA port
- TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store