Lenovo launches thinner, lighter ThinkPad
Dubai, June 24, 2009
Lenovo, leading PC manufacturer, has launched its latest laptop in the ThinkPad series, the T400s, created to give business users a thin and light yet powerful, feature-packed PC.
Inspired by Lenovo’s thinnest and lightest full-function laptop, the ThinkPad X300, Lenovo engineered its latest laptop, the ThinkPad T400s, to be super-slim at just 21mm thin and ultra-light starting under 1.8 kg.
The laptop achieves its skinny frame thanks to the thin 14.1-inch LED screen, solid state drive storage and the second generation top cover roll cage, which Lenovo first introduced in the ThinkPad X300 laptop.
The roll cage’s monocoque carbon reinforced fiber, also used in bicycle frames and airplanes, helps keep the laptop extremely light yet surprisingly sturdy.
With this design the laptop weighs nearly 20 percent less than its ThinkPad T400 predecessor, also making it much thinner and lighter than the Dell E6400 and HP 6930P laptops.
“We’ve created products like our ThinkPad T400s laptop to bring thin and light computing to mainstream corporate users,” said Peter Hortensius, senior vice president, ThinkPad, Lenovo.
“We’ve applied thoughtful design in balancing the need for greater portability with strong performance and usability.”
The ThinkPad T Series is comprised of Lenovo’s most powerful and performance-heavy laptops. The T400s laptop allows users to enjoy the best of both worlds – thin and light mobility without sacrificing the powerful performance they need.
According to a report, the laptop comes with:
• Choices of Intel 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo processors (standard voltage) and graphics
• Choices of solid state drive storage up to 128 GB or 250 GB hard drive storage
• 9.5 mm slim DVD burner or Blu-Ray player
• Ethernet, WiFi and optional WWAN3 and Bluetooth
• 34mm Express Card slot or 5-in-1 multimedia card reader
• Nearly six hours of battery life
• Supports up to two monitors via a display port and VGA connector
• Meets the Energy Star 5.0 criteria for energy efficiency
• Built-in USB/eSATA port
- TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Al Meera opens first 24/7 mall in Qatar
- Fijitsu scanners feature PaperStream
- LG launches new tablet in UAE
- Major jewellery expo opens in Dubai
- Weber renews Carrefour UAE partnership deal
- BMMI marks ‘Quality Month’
- Philips launches Airfryer XL
- Mena online spending to hit $15bn by 2015
- China Homelife Dubai kicks off
- Acer launches new EMEA brand campaign