Panasonic launches new camcorder range
Dubai, June 4, 2009
Panasonic today expanded its 2009 camcorder range in the Middle East with five new technologically-advanced products, complete with 70X ultra-zoom lens, waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof unique features.
“Panasonic technology has advanced to the stage where you can take professional standard holiday movies, and your friends and family can see them even before you return home,” said Hitesh Ojha, product manager, Panasonic Marketing, Middle East.
“The new range, with an immense 70x optical ultra-zoom and durable capabilities, creates increased opportunities to share life-long memories.”
The SDR-S26, SDR-H80, and the SDR-H90 feature the world’s first and most powerful 70x optical ultra-zoom lens, supported by Panasonic’s advanced Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) system, to reduce the effect of hand-shake even when subjects are zoomed to maximum magnification.
The SDR-H80 and SDR-H90 are hybrid camcorders with the flexibility of recording on either the spacious hard disk drives (HDD), or directly onto an SD (secure digital) card. The SD card can then be used with many other Panasonic ranges, including the Viera Plasma screens to show movies directly onto the screen. The SDR-H90 has an expansive 80GB HDD, with a 60GB HDD in the SDR-H80.
The tough and sophisticated new SDR-SW21 is recordable onto SD/SDHC memory cards, and provides a lightweight and compact choice, ideal for active and on-the-go users. Adding to the camcorder’s portability, the SW21 is also stylish, and features a tough body with the ability to be submerged in 6.5 feet of water and withstand a 4-foot drop.
The SDR-S15’s compact size and stylish design make it flexible and possible to carry in a pocket or purse for easy access in any situation. The SDR-S15 feature a fast 0.6 second quick-start recording so users can easily catch those spontaneous video moments.
All models also include Panasonic’s proprietary Intelligent Auto (iA) technologies with the latest Face Recognition technology, making the camcorders easy to use.
The 70x optical ultra-zoom maintains a steady image, thanks to gyrosensors which detect hand-shake. The advanced OIS. then shifts the lens to correct the optical axis and repeats this detection and correction process about 4,000 times per second.
The Panasonic camcorders come packaged with the VideoCam Suite. After the consumer connects the camcorder to a computer using a USB cable, the software automatically starts up, making it possible to seamlessly upload videos that are correctly formatted for video websites for sharing, such as YouTube.
The unique Web Mode function on all models makes is quick and simple to transfer your movies directly to the web site. Merely connect your Panasonic camcorder directly to your PC via a UBS cable and the YouTube Uploader automatically activates.
The camcorders can also easily copy video from an SD Memory Card to DVD in one simple step without a computer.
All models feature Panasonic’s Intelligent Auto (iA), a system of intuitive technologies that engage automatically, no adjustments needed, making the camcorder easy to use, while still producing beautiful videos. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices