LG launches new dual SIM handset
Dubai, May 25, 2009
LG Electronics has launched its first full touchscreen mobile phone equipped with dual SIM card slots.
The LG-KS660 features a slim design and operator-friendly tools to help users to manage their time better and work more efficiently, said a report.
“Mobile handsets have become an essential part of everyday life, for both private consumers and businesses,” said H S Paik, president of LG Electronics Gulf FZE.
“This has led to easier communications when away from the office, and it is with this in mind that LG developed the LG-KS660 with dual SIM to provide a more useful and smart touchscreen for business people,” he added.
Dual SIM capability allows users to operate two SIM cards and use multiple functions simultaneously. With both cards in place and call-waiting functions, it’s possible to have as many as four active calls at one time.
The simple touch of the screen allows the easy transition between callers on hold and the person they are speaking to, without switching cards or powering off. Using the phone’s stylus, messages can be handwritten while conducting calls and sent immediately as an image.
LG-KS660’s dual SIM system also makes the switch between business and personal life effortless. By simply selecting the appropriate SIM on the touchscreen, the business line can be turned off while at home or enjoying leisure time with family and friends.
The phone’s five-megapixel camera captures great private memories, while keeping personal photos separate from important business documents. Likewise, for users who handle multiple businesses or use separate phone accounts for international travel, the dual SIM allows convenient access to both accounts in a single phone.
As a specially tailored service to the region and the rest of the Arabic speaking world, the LG-KS660 comes with bi-lingual software, with all applications available in both English and Arabic.
In addition, enhanced business features are available through the LG-KS660’s Smart Desktop, giving consumers a virtual PC in the convenience of a slim mobile handset.
The phone’s 3-inch touchscreen allows users to quickly access all the information they need to efficiently manage their business schedule. With just one click of the finger, a number of widgets, including calendar, to-do list, memo or search tab, can be customised for optimum productivity.
Entering text or phone numbers is simple and intuitive with multiple, automatic information input. Numeric and QWERTY keypads, as well as stylus memo pads, transition automatically based on the input needed, whether making a call, writing a message or sending an email.
The LG-KS660 is now available across all retail outlets in UAE at Dh1,499 ($408), said the report. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet