Packard Bell unveils new product line
Dubai, April 23, 2009
Packard Bell, part of Acer group, today presented its new product line and said that it intends to expand across the Middle East, Turkey, and Africa region.
“Middle East PC users are very style-conscious, and they always want products which seamlessly adhere to their changing lifestyles. We believe the new Packard Bell range of products is not only the broadest and most innovative, it also sets the standard for cool, design-driven technology,” said Emmanuelle Fromont, EMEA vice president of Packard Bell.
Packard Bell’s new product line includes different new versions of netbooks (“dot m” and “dot s”) and notebooks (the brand new EasyNote Butterfly and the fresh new EasyNote TR series), plus nettops (imax mini), desktop (imedia and ixtreme), monitors (Maestro), which were already a great success on the market and have been refreshed and updated.
The new range of Packard Bell notebooks have LED panels, 16:9 aspect ratio, Dolby Sound Room and red capacitive buttons for power saving, backup and touchpad lock. The netbooks have the outstanding qualities of Dolby headphones, an LED panel and multi-gesture touchpad, allowing an easy and intuitive access to a wide variety of applications.
In two versions, dot s (10.1-inch screen) and dot m (11.6-inch), the netbooks have multi-gesture touchpads, Wi-Fi, optional Bluetooth, optional 3G, VGA webcam and Dolby Headphone. The 10.1-inch widescreen dot s will be available starting this week; the 11.6-inch dot m will be available starting week 17. Availability will vary according to country, said a statement.
The new EasyNote Butterfly by Packard Bell is light, 500 grams less than a standard notebook and less than 1-inch thick. With its graceful, elegant, stylish shape evoking the form of the butterfly and the great attention to details, this notebook will win the favour of “in style” people, it said.
EasyNote TR has glossy cover, matt interior, silver coloured touchpad and ramp speaker. With 15.6-inch widescreen and Dolby Sound Room, creating a stunning personal surround-sound listening experience, the EasyNote TR series comes in three different versions: in black with a traditional LCD panel (available by the end of April), plus the already available blue version and an amazing black edge-to-edge version (available beginning of April). – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia