Air Miles ropes in top Bahraini retailer as partner
Manama, April 10, 2009
Air Miles has signed a partnership agreement with Ali Rashid Al-Amin Company, one of Bahrain’s leading retail chains for its loyalty programme.
Established in 1962, Ali Rashid Al-Amin Co runs a number of prestigious outlets across Bahrain, including seven branches of the Midway Supermarket chain, two exclusive “Lily The Flower Shop” outlets in the Sheraton and Gulf Hotels and two All in One Pizza & Subs restaurants.
Dave Battiston, Air Miles’ CEO, says the new partnership will be highly welcomed by Bahrain’s ever-growing membership base.
'Since our launch in Bahrain just over two years ago, we have signed up over 140,000 members to whom we have already issued over 1.2 billion Air Miles.'
'The addition of the Ali Rashid Al-Amin family of retail outlets to the ever growing number of Air Miles partners in Bahrain brings the total number of stores where members can earn Air Miles for their normal everyday shopping to over 200,' he added.
Customers in the Midway Supermarkets will earn 1 Air Mile for every 0.1 Bahraini Dinar they spend in-store, 2 Air Miles for every BD 0.1 spent in the Lily the Flower Shops, and 3 Air Miles for every BD 0.1 spent in the All in One Pizza & Subs restaurants.
'As well as being able to earn Air Miles at this new participant group, continued Battiston, “our members can actually earn Air Miles twice on their purchases simply by using their HSBC Credit Card along with their blue Air Miles Card,' he said.
'We continue to strive to find ever more innovative ways to make our members’ cash go further, and this new partnership will effectively help them do just that.'
'We have already launched 25 new brands this year in Bahrain alone, including Al Jazira Group also having recently joined our programme, together with the highly attractive benefits offered to our members; this has resulted in phenomenal growth, both for our members and for our partnering retailers,' he added.
Khalid Ali Al-Amin, Ali Rashid Al-Amin Co’s managing director said that when looking for ways in which to increase footfall into its retail outlets, Air Miles’ proven track record of increasing the amount of sales of its participating partners augured well.
“Our company's goal is to offer our customers outstanding value for money. With the benefit of earning Air Miles whenever they shop in our outlets, we can literally ‘go that extra mile’ by offering them extra benefits to make their shopping experience more enjoyable whilst also saving them money,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices