Saks to feature American artist at Want It!
Dubai, April 2, 2009
Saks Fifth Avenue, speciality retailer, is launching this seasons Want It! campaign with an exclusively designed range of the seasonal trends from American artist Shepard Fairey.
Renowned for his subliminal street campaigns, Shepard Fairey, along with his design firm Studio Number One (SNO), is set to bring a rebellious Want It! campaign to UAE.
Fairey’s work has been around for a long time but he has always operated below the mainstream radar with his work adorning album covers and alternative weeklies.
He has recently shot into the public limelight with his recent iconic portrait of Barack Obama and has moved into the centre of the culture.
His propagandist representations of the Want it! trends have been created exclusively for Saks Fifth Avenue’s sixth seasonal campaign which features cutting-edge trends in a wide range of styles, from a wide range of designers and for a wide range of budgets.
The unprecedented campaign will adopt his signature avant-counterculture style and guerilla tactics in all aspects including catalogs, limited-edition shopping bags, store windows, in-store presentations and online at saks.com.
Saks Fifth Avenue’s Want It! campaign, winner of the Retail Advertising and Marketing Association’s 2007 gold RACie award, has delivering uncompromising fashion to a widening audience.
The unlikely collaboration with Fairey and SNO came about in part because their work marries high artistic standards to an almost universal accessibility.
According to Fairey, “I’m not interested in speaking to a small group; I’ve always thought it was the duty of intelligence to make art for the people.”
This season’s Want It! campaign features seven items for women and six for men. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store