Emax opens first store in Dubai
Dubai, March 31, 2009
Emax, the Middle East’s fastest growing electronics retailer, today (March 31) opened its first store in Dubai, the largest of its kind in the emirate.
The store, at the Oasis Center on Sheikh Zayed Road. is spread over 115,000 sq ft and will offer more than 300 brands of consumer electronic goods and electrical appliances.
Neelesh Bhatnagar, chief executive officer, Max Electronics, explained that Emax, which is the retail division of Max Electronics and part of the Landmark Group, has extensive plans for expansion in Dubai and across the GCC region as well.
He said: “We are extremely pleased to be launching our flagship store in Dubai at the Oasis Center and this new outlet is a significant stepping stone in our plans to expand Emax’s presence across the UAE and the region as a whole.”
Established in June 2005, Emax has grown rapidly with 11 stores across the GCC countries, and plans to open a total of 33 outlets in the region – eventually covering more than 1.5 million sq ft and reaching a turnover of Dh2.2 billion ($600 million) by 2010.
“The Emax store at Oasis Center has been designed to seamlessly enhance the shopping experience and I extend a warm welcome to everyone to visit the store and experience the great ambience, helpful, friendly and insightful staff, and of course the wide array of products and services we have to offer,” Bhatnagar said.
Emax has been at the forefront of developing some of the most unique retailing concepts and pioneered the big box retail format in the Middle East.
It offers a range of goods and services in consumer electronics as well as related merchandise such as computers, computer software and peripherals, video games, music, DVDs, Blu-ray discs, mobile phones, digital cameras, car stereos and video cameras, as well as home appliances such as washing machines, dryers, and refrigerators.
It also markets lighting solutions, outdoor and camping gear, baby care products, and furniture, and is positioning itself as the one-stop shop for all sorts of consumer electronic goods and services.
“Emax has established itself as a leading consumer electronics retailer in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah, and now with the opening of its store at the Oasis Centre-the largest electronics store in Dubai, it is all set to take the city by storm,” Bhatnagar concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait