Payless opens first store in Saudi Arabia
Riyadh, March 30, 2009
Payless ShoeSource, a speciality family footwear retailer, and its franchisee Alshaya International Trading have announced the opening of the first Payless ShoeSource store in Saudi Arabia.
The new store, which is 240 sq m in area, is located in the Sahara Mall in Riyadh.
“We are thrilled to grand open our first-ever store in Saudi Arabia at the Sahara Mall and to bring shoppers in the Kingdom all that Payless has to offer -- great style, quality and brand names – all at a great price,” said Matthew Rubel, chairman, chief executive officer and president of Collective Brands, which owns Payless ShoeSource.
“Shoes are universal and women, in particular, enjoy expressing themselves through shoes and accessories. We are so pleased to be here in Riyadh and to have such a tremendous franchisee in Alshaya, and we look forward to bringing shoppers the newest fashion and latest ideas in footwear and accessories for seasons to come,” he added.
Mohammed Alshaya, executive chairman of M.H. Alshaya Company, said: “We are very excited to introduce Payless to the Saudi market, and we believe the Payless name and all it represents including great brands, a fun inspiring shopping experience, the latest affordable fashions and high quality will do well here -- just as it has in other regions of the world.”
The Payless store format offers a fun and inspiring shopping environment designed to showcase the latest trends to make it easy for shoppers to find products to match their personal style and needs.
In line with the Payless stores in the US, the Riyadh store features a wide assortment of shoes and accessories for the family including products for women, men and children covering a range of wearing occasions.
Also available at the new store are Payless designer collections New York fashion designers Lela Rose with Lela Rose for Payless; Stacey Bendet with the alice + olivia for Payless; and Laura Poretzky with the Abaeté for Payless designer label.
The collections feature original designs by each designer that are unveiled at New York Fashion Week and later brought to Payless stores at affordable prices, said a statement. – TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain