Zain opens new Bahrain store
Manama, March 21, 2009
Zain, a leading telecom provider across the Middle East and Africa, has opened a new outlet in Bahrain’s Seef Mall.
“This store of the future sets the tone for what a retail telecommunications environment should be in the 21st century,” said Dr Al Barrak, Zain group CEO.
“Our brand is young and that’s exactly the approach we have taken in designing this, our flagship shop,” he added.
“It combines and reflects Zain’s core values of radiance, heart and belonging in a revolutionary, appealing and fun environment that allows customers to experience Zain’s ‘wonderful world’.”
Interactive, informative and entertaining, and utilizing the latest in digital technology, the 350 square-meter, state-of-the-art outlet will change the way we shop for telecom products and services, he said.
The store will be eventually linked to a network of similar outlets across Zain’s Middle East and Africa operations.
The store demonstrates how digital technology can take the retail experience to new heights, featuring progressive technologies, such as motion sensor screens that change imagery when customers walk by, and “lift triggers” that display product information when customers pick up mobile devices.
There is also a 65” LCD welcome wall, multiple LCD and LED installations and world-class customer service centres.
“Like Zain’s ‘One Network’, the world’s first borderless mobile service, our ambition was to create something that would inspire and be copied by other global telecom operators,” said Dr Al Barrak.
Zain Bahrain general manager Mohammed Zainalabedin said: “We have a great tradition of bringing exciting new concepts to the market, either as products and services or as part of a new retail experience.
“Our experience shops changed telecom retail in Bahrain when they were introduced in 2003, and here we are again, raising the bar in delivering new and exciting innovations and technology.”
“We wanted to create a retail environment unlike any other in the world, an environment that’s entirely focused on the ultimate customer experience,” said Tito Alai, Zain group chief commercial officer and architect of the Zain brand.
“Zain’s flagship store invites people to explore our products and services in a retail space that’s interactive, informative and entertaining,” he added.
The store is totally customer friendly. Whether one is a corporate customer seeking a cost-effective telecom solution with one of the shop’s on-site consultants or simply a modern mobile phone seeking the latest accessories, customers can browse with the help of high-tech interactive displays and even grab a coffee while they are doing it.
More about the store
Digital signage: A 65” LCD welcome wall outside the store promotes Zain’s products. In addition, multiple, smaller screens are displayed in key areas throughout the store.
“Brand Spine”: A massive installation in the center of the store combining 14 large LCD displays and text LED. Visitors can send SMS messages to the sign and watch as synchronized brand images, ambient signage and dynamic text move across the LCD displays.
Customer queue: Alleviating the need to wait in line, customers can check-in at a touch-screen display where they will receive a ticket or SMS message alerting them when a representative is available, while queue indicators throughout the store lets customers know their place in line.
Value-added service touch displays: There are ten 42” interactive displays throughout the store, each describing a different Zain product or service. Touch-screens allow customers to find out more information.
Promo wall: A 16-screen motion tracking video wall detects customers walking by and follows their movements with swirling, vibrant motion graphics, while four mobile devices in front of the display provide information to customers when lifted from their docking<
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices