Turkish garment major plans 8 new outlets
Dubai, January 5, 2009
Turkish clothing major Koton has planned to open eight new shops in the GCC next year, a top company official said.
While the UAE will get three new outlets, Saudi Arabia will get the rest, taking the total stores of the company in the region to 35 from the present 27, according to the Gulf News.
'There are still great opportunities available within the Middle East as the market has not yet matured. If you compare the potential shopping mall facilities in the Middle East with those available within mature markets, the opportunity for growth here is obvious,' Koton chairman Yilmaz Yilmaz was quoted as saying in the report.
'The successful structure and the inner potential of Koton has been recognised by many world-renowned retail companies, and as a result, powerful franchising relations have been made with international companies including Landmark International, which has opened 23 Koton stores within the region,' Yilmaz added.
Launched in early 2004, Koton now has three shops in Dubai, one in Abu Dhabi, two in Bahrain, three in Kuwait and 18 in Saudi Arabia.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait