Gifts & Premium draws over 5,200 trade buyers
Dubai, November 18, 2008
Gifts & Premium Dubai 2008, the international trade fair for giftware, corporate gifts, seasonal decorations, stationery and handicrafts, attracted more than 5,250 trade buyers from 43 countries.
Nearly 70 per cent of the trade buyers were from outside the UAE, the organisers Channels Exhibition said. The three-day exhibition ended recently at Dubai World Trade Centre.
The show brought together over 120 exhibitors from 20 countries, including top international brands such as Damas, Rivoli Group, Choco’a LLC and Bateel International. The show also brought together exhibitors from Australia, Bangladesh, Egypt, Germany, India, Thailand, United Kingdom and the US.
“Gifts & Premium has once again reinforced its reputation as the most-sought-after show for corporate branding and premium gifting. This year, we saw the trade visitors’ appetite for luxury gifts and this inherent demand has made Gifts & Premium as the premium meeting place for business deals,” stated Justin Boutros, MD of Channels Exhibitions.
“It was a good opportunity to bring top brands together on a common platform and further boost the region’s strong demand for giftware – in both social and corporate spheres,” he added.
The event showcased a diversity of products from high-quality corporate stationery to high-value trophies, pens, watches as well as novelty giftware and products for festive occasion.
Buyers at the show included specialist retailers, department stores, high street retailers, home and lifestyle retailers, duty free, travel retail, distributors, importers, event management companies, media and marketing companies.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet
- Italian fashion brand opens Dubai Mall store