Lamcy sees DSS sales up 15pc
Dubai, August 20, 2008
Lamcy Plaza has witnessed a 15 per cent rise in business at all its outlets during the ongoing Dubai Shopping Festival (DSS).
A popular family shopping destination in the UAE, Lamcy Plaza has also experienced an increase in footfall this DSS compared to last year.
“Most outlets in Lamcy Plaza have reported an average increase of 15 per cent in their sales during the first six weeks of DSS compared to the corresponding period in 2007,’ Tim Jones, chief operating officer, Lamcy Plaza, said.
’Thanks to the ongoing sale-promotions and family-oriented entertainment activities that are being organised at the mall, Lamcy Plaza has seen an 18 per cent increase in footfall during the first six weeks of DSS.’
“With only a week remaining for the close of DSS 2008 and most schools reopening the following week, we would see an increase in sales during the next few days. This DSS, as with its previous editions, has certainly been a good one for Lamcy Plaza,’ Jones added.
Lamcy Plaza now offers shoppers a wider choice with the addition of several new brands recently such as The Body Shop, Carters, Lifestyle, Springfield and Levi’s Store.
Located in the heart of Dubai, Lamcy Plaza is UAE’s most popular shopping family destination that brings together the best of international lifestyle and fashion brands.
The first to launch some of the world’s biggest value-for-money brands, Lamcy Plaza also took the lead in introducing the innovative concept of open display in Dubai.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder