Eros Group sees 45pc UAE annual growth
Dubai, August 11, 2008
UAE-based consumer electronics retailer Eros Group, has posted annual growth of 45 per cent in the UAE market, stated Deepak Babani, chief of Eros Group, in a report.
The company’s 2007 sales touched Dh980 million. It has raised its projected sales to Dh1.5 billion from the earlier target of Dh1.3 billion, according to Gulf News.
Eros has expanded in the region to cover Oman, Qatar and Bahrain in addition to Tanzania and Kenya in East Africa.
"Our major growth engine has been home appliances and LCD TVs," said Babani. He claimed that the market demand for LCDs for 2008 was 240,000, but that it could easily rise to 280,000 to 300,000.
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- D’damas opens new outlet in India
- LuLu ranks third in new Forbes list
- M&S opens second store in Bahrain
- ACE discounts to mark 7 years of Dubai ops
- Saudi retailer Alhokair net up 39pc
- Canon unveils its smallest full-frame DSLR
- WD, SanDisk to launch storage devices
- QNET eyes Mena expansion
- Nokia launches all-new Lumia 925
- Saudi group picks LS2 retail solution