Gargash’s Q1 sales soar by 21pc
Sharjah, May 21, 2008
Gargash Enterprises, the authorised general distributor of Mercedes-Benz in Dubai, Sharjah and Northern Emirates, has posted a 21 per cent increase in the first quarter sales for both new and used passenger vehicles from 2007 to 2008.
In January-March 2008, 1,591 cars were sold, compared to 1,315 in the previous year.
Having already achieved this success in 2008 so far, Gargash Enterprises will continue its 2008 focus on enhancing customer satisfaction and expanding the after sales and the approved used car divisions.
Sales are expected to further increase following the recent launch of the long anticipated SL, SLK and CLS facelifts during May, the nearing CLC launch in June and of course the GLK launch set for the last quarter of 2008.
“In such a buoyant market, Gargash has achieved what it has set out to so far this year; these figures are definitely in line with our standing as the best selling Mercedes-Benz distributor in the region,” said general manager of Gargash Enterprises Mr. Ewan Ramsay.
“I am quite certain that the numbers will continue to rise throughout the rest of 2008 due to the numerous facelifts and product launches that are foreseen to have a large impact on the buyers market. The Gargash team is looking forward to introducing these innovative vehicles and plan to reach out to loyal customers as well as targeting potential buyers with these novelties,” he added. TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Acer targets double digit growth in Saudi
- Origin offers a chance to win luxury doors
- Big jewellery show opens in Abu Dhabi
- Casio offers G-Shock in camouflage patterns
- AdvanTag to launch mobile app in Dubai
- Bahrain Duty Free plans $2.6m revamp
- Sennheiser unveils new microphone system
- Centrepoint opens 100th store in Dubai
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector