Ski Dubai welcomes 2 millionth visitor
Dubai, May 20, 2008
Dubai’s iconic snow sports destination, Ski Dubai, notched up an historic milestone on Sunday when it greeted its two millionth visitor in style.
Abdul Aziz, a UAE national, was showered with confetti amid thunderous applause from members of the Ski Dubai.
An IT manager and resident of Abu Dhabi, Aziz, 32, was surprised at the unexpected fanfare; but the surprise soon turned into joy.
As part of the celebrations for being customer number two million, Abdul Aziz was gifted free entry to Ski Dubai for one whole year and two Dh5,000 ($1,361) gift vouchers, to be redeemed at Fat Face and Lucky Brand Jeans outlets at Mall of the Emirates.
The celebrations were a change in the day’s fortunes for Aziz, who spoke after receiving his gifts.
“I was having a bad day up to this point, with two important meetings cancelled,” he said.
“I came here to purchase a ticket for Ski Dubai, when suddenly the staff started to shower me with confetti. I am still in a state of shock and I can’t believe I am the two millionth visitor. I certainly wasn’t expecting this visit to turn into my most memorable one,” said an elated Aziz.
Also present at the special occasion was Mike Mahoney, general manager
at Ski Dubai.
“It was very exciting for us to welcome our two millionth customer here,” he said.
“The figure proves that we are one of the most popular leisure destinations in Dubai. The increasing number of customers visiting our slopes proves how firmly Ski Dubai has established itself in the two and a half years we have been operating,” he added.
The benchmark figure was achieved just before another major first for Ski Dubai, which is operated by the Majid Al Futtaim Group, Mahoney noted.
From May 22 to 24, its slopes will host the Skiboard World Cup- a three-day international event that has attracted Skiboarders from across the world.
The competition will be the first major winter sports contest to be held in the Gulf region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet