DSC to offer 3.8m sq ft retail space
Dubai, April 22, 2008
Dubai Sports City (DSC), the world’s first integrated sports city, will offer more than 3.8 million sq ft of retail space available across all real estate and facilities when completed, said its top official.
In addition to its major retail areas – Arena Mall, North Point and South Point, and Canal Residence West – events, promotion and specialty leasing opportunities will be available within the stadia and public areas.
“As the master developer, Dubai Sports City is taking full advantage of the potential for residential, commercial and retail activity,” said U. Balasubramaniam, CEO, Dubai Sports City.
“With careful planning, we are positioning retail centres in prime locations, enabling our residents to easily reach shopping and entertainment areas, which will help to maximise footfall for our retailers,” he added.
Arena Mall, the largest retail destination within Dubai Sports City, will be directly linked to the 10,000 seat multi-purpose indoor stadium and hence occupies a key retail location within the development.
Comprising approximately 1.88m sq ft of gross lettable space, the mall will be anchored by a 140,000 sq ft hypermarket and will include a family entertainment centre.
The Arena Mall’s trade area will encompass a population of approximately 800,000 by 2010 and, with an exciting calendar of international exhibitions, sporting events and concerts in store for the coming years, tenants are in a prime position to benefit from strong brand exposure.
Understanding the critical importance of accessibility for both visitors and tenants, Dubai Sports City has conducted extensive traffic flow studies for the Arena Mall area, which will benefit from 7,000 car parks and dedicated thoroughfares from the surrounding road network.
Surrounding the promenade of Dubai Sports City is a vibrant mix of boutique shops and dining venues that is joined between North Point and South Point.
North Point, Dubai Sports City’s larger retail and commercial hub, will be the cultural centre of the development and offer visitors a relaxed environment to dine and shop.
Situated at the northern end of DSC central waterway, at the heart of a vibrant downtown district, North Point is in close proximity to DSC’s business district and sporting facilities.
South Point will offer a premium dining and shopping experience. Located in close proximity to the sought-after Victory Heights golf course villa community, and anchored by Dubai Sports City’s boutique hotel, South Point will offer a range of premium brands, boutique shops, and first-class restaurants.
Canal Residence West, a range of beautiful buildings presented in Mediterranean, Classic European, Venetian, Arabic and Spanish Andalusian architectural styles set in the heart of DSC, offer studio, one, and two bedroom apartments with quick access to the promenade that overlooks the canal, which will offer upscale cafes, restaurants and boutiques as well as sport and leisure activities on an unprecedented scale.-TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices