New incentive scheme for shoppers launched
Dubai, November 4, 2007
A new retail marketing incentive program, delivering extra value for UAE shoppers all year round, has been launched.
Emirates Marketing & Promotions (EMP), a subsidiary of Emirates Post, and On Line Media (OLM), a regional marketing and business development firm, have launched 'The Grand Draw UAE'.
The incentive program offers shoppers a chance to win quarterly grand prizes of Dh100,000, holiday packages and attractive electronic items as well as a host of daily instant prizes, Ahmad Tahlak, CEO of EMP, announced at a press conference today.
With every purchase made at participating outlets, customers receive a Grand Draw Ticket and guaranteed instant prizes of value of Dh4 to Dh200. With the ticket, the shopper can opt to participate in three optional draws by sending an SMS at Dh1.50 per message: the Quarterly Grand Draw to win Dh100,000 in cash and other exciting prizes, the Personal Registration Draw to win Dh10,000 cash and electronic prizes and the Secondary Draw to win PlayStation 3, Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Nintendo WII and other products.
The incentive program, available from mid-December 2007, will be executed in collaboration with Gulf Greetings, main sponsor of the project, through its Hallmark and The Toy Store outlets. Gulf Greetings is investing in instant prizes valued at Dh25 million per annum. Other sponsors include the leading electronics megastores chain, Sharaf DG, providing valuable electronics items for the Draw and 24 Seven, the chain of convenience stores; in addition to The Entertainer, known for its successful 'Buy 1 Get 1 Free' voucher publications, offering instant prizes worth over Dh5 million in Entertainer Savings Vouchers.
“The name ‘The Grand Draw UAE’ reflects our vision to establish a new standard in value and magnitude for promotional draw concepts,” said Ahmad Tahlak, CEO of EMP. “We aim to distribute over 10 million tickets annually in Phase 1 and our target is to reach over 60 million tickets in Phase 2 in 2009.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Panasonic to showcase top AV solutions in Dubai
- Alhokair eyes US, UK buys; plans debut sukuk
- 20 countries back Abu Dhabi jewellery show
- SanDisk launches 128GB memory card
- Canon launches 30x zoom PowerShot
- Bin Hindi unveils new 'Twenty20' sales plan
- Nokia tops UAE mobile handsets market
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices