Al Rostamani Group celebrates 50th anniversary
Dubai, October 24, 2007
Al Rostamani Group, one of the largest and oldest business conglomerates in the UAE, has marked its 50th anniversary by announcing ambitious growth plans that will see it expanding geographically.
The company also plans to enter new business sectors and double its assets in five years.
One of only a handful of UAE companies to achieve the milestone of celebrating a half century of successful operations, the Al Rostamani Group's expansion plans will focus on high-growth sectors in emerging markets in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region and the Indian subcontinent, said a senior official.
Al Rostamani Group will also celebrate its anniversary by offering year-round promotions at its various companies. The group's flagship Central Trading Company (CTC), founded in 1957, will host festive events to mark the 50-year milestone.
CTC is a key player in the UAE's trading sector, and agent for Michelin, Castrol and Blue Star, among other industry giants.
Highlighting its core values of 'Commitment, Care and Vision' - a cornerstone of its operations since inception - the Group has further strengthened its corporate social responsibility programme by launching new programmes aimed at supporting the higher education of talented students, the Dubai Cares initiative and environmental sustainability strategies.
'Our growth approach, which is in tandem with the policies of the government, also echoes the vision of our founder and late chairman Abdulla Hassan Al Rostamani, who believed in doing business in a way that benefited the people and the country,' said chairman, Al Rostamani Group Marwan Abdulla Al Rostamani.
Al Rostamani Group has a diversified portfolio of businesses in such high-growth areas as automobile and heavy equipment sales, trading, finance, travel, communications, IT, property and real estate. Most recently, the group unveiled Emirates Recycling LLC, a company dedicated to recycling construction and demolition waste.
The Group also has partnerships with global leaders like Suzuki, Renault, Nissan Diesel, Tata, Michelin, Castrol and NEC. - TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder