EMKE Group to create 800 jobs
Manama, September 3, 2007
About 800 jobs for Bahrainis are to be created by Middle East retail giant EMKE Group within two years, it was revealed.
Plans to employ more Bahrainis were unveiled by the group managing director M A Yusuffali, on the eve of the opening of his group's first hypermarket in Bahrain.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro will open the BD8 million Lulu Hypermarket at Dana Mall, in Sanabis, at 11am.
The Bahrain outlet is the Lulu Hypermarket chain's first store in Bahrain and the group's 64th hypermarket in the Middle East, Mr Yusuffali said.
The store will be a totally new experience for all the discerning shoppers of Bahrain, he added.
'The 175,000sq/ft hypermarket is one of the biggest hypermarkets in Bahrain,' said Yusuffali.
The Bahrain store has already created 600 jobs, 150 of them for Bahrainis, he revealed.
Fifty Bahrainis have just returned after one-month training at our outlets in Qatar and Oman, said Mr Yusuffali.
'As the group has further expansion plans for Bahrain, more and more local youth can look forward to new opportunities,' he added.
'Work on our second and third hypermarkets in Bahrain have just started in Riffa and A'ali respectively.
'The Lulu Hypermarket in Riffa will be the biggest hypermarket in Bahrain and the second biggest in the Gulf.'
All the three hypermarkets would create a total of 800 jobs for Bahrainis, said Yusuffali.
'Our total investment in Bahrain is estimated at BD50 million,' he said. TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain
- Swiss jam maker expands GCC footprint
- Toshiba Gulf launches Windows 8.1 tablet