Lulu Hypermarket set to open in Bahrain
Manama, August 29, 2007
Middle East retail giant Emke Group is to open its Lulu Hypermarket chain's first store in Bahrain on Monday.
Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro will open the multi-million dinar hypermarket at Dana Mall, Sanabis.
Lulu Hypermarket group managing director M A Yusuffali said the store would be a totally new experience for all the discerning shoppers of Bahrain.
'We have not left any stone unturned to make this hypermarket the best shopping destination,' he said, speaking from his headquarters in Abu Dhabi.
'I am sure we will get the same great response from all the residents here as we are getting in our other hypermarkets in other parts of Middle East'.
Yusuffali said the Bahrain outlet was his group's 64th hypermarket in the Middle East.
'The 175,000sqft hypermarket is one of the biggest in this region,' he said.
The group, which has its own manufacturing and sourcing offices in almost all major markets of Asia, Far East and Africa, makes sure that the customers get the best and widest choice of products from around the world at very attractive prices, said Mr Yusuffali.
'Taking this concept further, Lulu has launched its own brand of products in almost all categories, which provides the shoppers with good quality products at a much lower price, compared to the existing big brands,' he added.
Regional director Juzer Rupawala said the hypermarket would be open from 9am till midnight.
It will employ more than 150 Bahrainis, said Yusuffali.
'Out of the 150 Bahrainis who have already joined us, 50 have just returned after a one-month training at our outlets in Qatar and Oman,' he said.
'As the group has further expansion plans for Bahrain, more and more local youth can look forward to new opportunities.'
Rupawala said the group was extremely grateful to the Labour Ministry and the Industry and Commerce Ministry, as well as the municipality authorities, for all the support given to the project, which has created 600 jobs. TradeArabia NewsService
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder
- Ex-Waitrose outlets set to reopen in Bahrain