Saks Fifth in Bahrain
Manama, June 14, 2007
New York's iconic retailer, Saks Fifth Avenue, is coming to Bahrain City Centre, said a company spokesman.
It will be the third of its outlets in the region after Dubai and Riyadh. The chain is known for its American and international designer collections, handbags, shoes, jewellery, cosmetics and home furnishings.
The 5,500 square metre store will be located in the three-level Bahrain City Centre, which is due to open in the second quarter of next year, he added.
It will include more than 330 retail units, spread out over a total leaseable area of 150,000sqm .
A total of 317 units have been taken up since marketing efforts began two years ago, with tenants ranging from top international brands to popular local retailers catering to all tastes and budgets.
Saks Fifth Avenue Dubai general manager Rusi Motiwalla said that since Bahrain was one of the most important emerging markets in the region, it was only natural for them to set up shop here.
'We consider this a very important market and one that is well-versed with the latest in fashion,” he said.
The store in Bahrain, as well as other Gulf countries, will be operated by Style Avenue Middle East FZCO - a company owned by, among others, Damas Jewellery, Kapico Group, Chalhoub Group and the Al Mana Group. TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Epson launches T-shirt printer
- AOC unveils 27-inch LED monitor
- UAE jeweller rolls out red carpet collection
- Canon focus on growth at partner meet
- Philips smooth touch monitor launched
- Lenovo to launch new smartphone in UAE
- Sony unveils new Bluetooth speakers
- Etisalat launches Apple shop in shop
- Samsonite launches new collection
- DGCX volumes up 51pc in November