Saks Fifth in Bahrain
Manama, June 14, 2007
New York's iconic retailer, Saks Fifth Avenue, is coming to Bahrain City Centre, said a company spokesman.
It will be the third of its outlets in the region after Dubai and Riyadh. The chain is known for its American and international designer collections, handbags, shoes, jewellery, cosmetics and home furnishings.
The 5,500 square metre store will be located in the three-level Bahrain City Centre, which is due to open in the second quarter of next year, he added.
It will include more than 330 retail units, spread out over a total leaseable area of 150,000sqm .
A total of 317 units have been taken up since marketing efforts began two years ago, with tenants ranging from top international brands to popular local retailers catering to all tastes and budgets.
Saks Fifth Avenue Dubai general manager Rusi Motiwalla said that since Bahrain was one of the most important emerging markets in the region, it was only natural for them to set up shop here.
'We consider this a very important market and one that is well-versed with the latest in fashion,” he said.
The store in Bahrain, as well as other Gulf countries, will be operated by Style Avenue Middle East FZCO - a company owned by, among others, Damas Jewellery, Kapico Group, Chalhoub Group and the Al Mana Group. TradeArabia News Service
More Retail & Wholesale Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- P&G wins product innovation awards
- Xerox names MEA general manager
- India's Bharti group mulls Carrefour tieup
- Etisalat opens retail shop in Dubai Mall
- Ultra wealthy to spend more on luxury goods
- Kuwait group inks JV deal with China jeweller
- MAF in deal to set up retail academy
- Samsung, UPB sign deal to supply AC systems
- Samsung showcases latest UHD monitors
- Unilever named 'employer of choice' in Saudi
- New Nokia Asha range arrives in Bahrain
- Canon launches 2 compact B&W MFPs
- MAF to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- Big growth seen for Mideast retail sector
- Rosette, GoExport enter partnership deal
- Samsung opens new outlet in Abu Dhabi
- Epson launches new thermal receipt printer
- Utoor Perfumes signs deal with Mezaj Arabia
- UAE group opens supermarket in Bahrain
- Marks & Spencer opens big store in Kuwait
- UAE clothing imports soar to $960m
- Samsung launches 2 wearable tech devices
- BlackBerry goes back to basics with new phones
- Philips rolls out new all-in-one displays
- Nokia unveils affordable smartphone range
- MAF launches new community retail concept
- Huawei unveils five new smart devices
- Sharp previews latest Intelligent Touch Board
- Fujifilm camera offers world’s fastest viewfinder