First UAE crude shipment to arrive in Korea
Abu Dhabi, September 24, 2013
The first of the crude oil shipments from the UAE for joint storage in South Korea will arrive in the country tomorrow (Wednesday), said a report.
The 2 million-barrel shipment will be stored at the world's largest oil storage facility in Yeosu, which can hold 49.7 million barrels, the Platts reported citing the South Korea's Trade, Industry and Energy Ministry.
This will be followed by another 4 million barrels within six months, the report added.
More Energy, Oil & Gas Stories
- Egypt/Saudi grid tenders to be launched in 2014
- Scottish oilfield firm expands in Mideast
- Global oil demand growth 'gaining momentum'
- Taqa targets $20m saving with HQ restructure
- Total seals Oman deepwater drilling deal
- Egypt in gas price talks with foreign firms
- Exxon offers rare Saudi gasoil term contract
- 40 Chinese firms to exhibit at energy summit
- More refinery closures on the cards for 2014: IEA
- Libya’s eastern oil ports likely to reopen Sunday